In STEM class in round, we learn about Acidic and Basic. We read and read in CK 12 about pH and answer a lots of question there. Not just answering the question and read, we also did some experiment to test and to learn more about Acid and Base. Today I want show you some question and I had answered in CK 12 and here are the Question. Remember number 1 with index is the answer.
- What is acids? Give one use of Acids?
- Acids is an ionic compound that produce positive hydrogen ion when it dissolve in water. Acids used for battery, firework…etc.
- What is a bases? Name a common product that contain base?
- Bases is an ionic compound that produce negative hydroxide ion when it dissolve in water. Bleach, Baking soda, Soap…etc.
- Outline how litmus paper can be used to detect the acids or base.
- Litmus paper is an indicator to test whether it is acids or bases. When we put litmus paper into something that is acids the litmus paper would turn pink or red depend how high the acidic is. If the color of the litmus paper turn pink or red, which mean that it is an acidic. When we put litmus paper into something that is bases the litmus paper would turn blue to purple depend how low and high the basic is. If the color of the litmus paper turn blue or purple, which mean that it is a basic.
- Define acidity? How is it measured?
- Acidity is a level of acids that in the substance. We can measure the acidity base on the scale of pH. If the pH is from 0-7 it represent that it is acid, if the pH is from 8-14 it represent base.
- An unknown substance has a pH of 7.2. Is it an acid or base? Explain your answer.
- The unknown substance has a pH of 7.2 if not an acid or base, because it is neutralization. It is neutralization because a pH of 0-7 is acid 8-15 is base, which something 7-8 is neutralization. That substance is in between acid and base which we call it neutralization.
- If hydroelectric acid (HCl) reacts with the base lithium hydroxide (LiOH), what are the products of the reaction? Write a chemical equation for the reaction.
- When hydroelectric acid reacts with base, when they are place together, they reacts to neutralization the acid and base are producing the same properties. When the reaction neutralizes the acid relieve acid indigestion.
- Battery acids is stronger acid than lemon juice. Explain why?
- Well both of the substance are acidic, which the pH are lower than 7. But battery acids is stronger than lemon juice, because battery has lower pH and lemon juice has higher pH than battery. Which the lower pH the stronger acid it is.
So, I hope you learn something from the Q & A section, and enjoy reading others subjects.